Several of our podcast stories, including yesterday’s, have involved miscarriages. As we discussed in episode #23, we rarely talk about miscarriage openly, and that can mean a lot of bottled up feelings. I asked members of our mamas group on Facebook to tell me songs that they found healing when coping with miscarriage or infertility. This playlist is a compilation of some of those songs, plus one that I threw in there that always helps me when dealing with loss or any kind: Elliott Smith’s “I Better Be Quiet Now.”
Go make yourself some tea, curl up with a blanket, and have a listen. And maybe share with a friend who lost or desperately wants a baby.
1. Lake Charles Lucinda Williams
2. That’s How Strong My Love Is Otis Redding
3. Forever Young Bob Dylan
4. Spark Tori Amos
5. Slipped Away Avril Lavigne
6. This Woman’s Work Kate Bush
7. A Better Son/Daughter Rilo Kiley
8. Say Something A Great Big World
9. I Better Be Quiet Now Elliott Smith
10. Shake It Out Florence + the Machine
11. Let the Mystery Be 10,000 Maniacs
Got an idea for a Playlist for Parents? Tell us.
As an Amazon Associate, The Longest Shortest Time earns a small commission from qualifying purchases.